1. HOOK: Christmas present
- Can anyone tell me what is special day is this coming Wednesday? Yes, it’s Christmas! How many of you are happy or excited that it’s Christmas? Ask the children to share why they look forward to celebrating Christmas.
- (You may also wish to wrap up one gift which you plan to give the children and say that “I have a present for all of you – can you guess what it is?”. Let them guess, and distribute after the lesson.)
- For those families who celebrate Christmas, the children usually also look forward to Christmas because they like receiving presents. How many of you like receiving presents?
- But whether people celebrate Christmas or not, whether they know Jesus or not, there is one present that has been given to everyone, old or young, no matter what background, race or religion which is the BEST present of all. Can you guess what it is?
- The Bible says that God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Who is the one and only Son whom God gave to us? Jesus. The best present is Jesus!!
2. LESSON: Jesus is the best present
- Jesus is the best present we can have because:
- He gives us eternal life. Anyone who believes in Jesus will not die but will have eternal life (John 3:16). We don’t have to worry where we will go after our life on this earth is over. We know that for those of us who accepted Jesus as their saviour, when we leave this earth, we will go to heaven, a wonderful place that Jesus has prepared for us.
- He gives us life to the full. In John 10:10, Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” We can have a good life because we have Jesus with us. He is our joy, peace, protection, healing, provision, Saviour, God. No matter whatever situation we are in, whether there are problems at home or in school, we don’t have to be afraid or worry. Jesus is always with us and in us. No one is greater than Jesus and no one loves us more than him. He even gave his life for us. We can trust that Jesus will take care of us as he has promised.
- God gave Jesus to the world. This means you, me and everyone else. Have you received Jesus as your Saviour? If you haven’t received, today would you like to receive the best present of all? Pray with together with those who indicated they want to receive Jesus.
- This Christmas season, whatever presents you may get, remember that you have the best present of all – Jesus.