1. After Jesus returned from the other side of the lake, he was asked to go to heal a very sick girl. As he was on his way, he was surrounded by a great crowd. Who was in the crowd?
A woman who had been bleeding for 12 years.
2. What were some of the physical, financial and social sufferings she had gone through?
Physical: Bleeding for 12 years. Got worse.
Financial: Spent all she had on many doctors.
Social: Considered “unclean” and not allowed to be in contact with other people.
[Who else in Jesus’ time were considered “unclean”? Lepers]
3. When all hope was gone, the woman heard about Jesus and faith arose. What did she say to herself?
“If I just touch His clothes, I will be healed.”
4. What happened when she touched the hem of Jesus’ cloak?
Immediately her bleeding stopped, and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
5. No one else saw what she did, but her touch did not go unnoticed by Jesus. He turned around and asked who touched Him because He felt power go out from Him. What did the woman do?
She came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told them why she had touched Jesus and how she had been instantly healed. (She testified of Jesus’ goodness to her)
6. What did Jesus say to her?
“Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”