Session 3: Count on Him Everyday
1. Hook: Guess the Baby
- Get photos of the kids when they were babies, and get everybody to guess who they are today
- Everything is changing around us. The earth is turning. The seasons are changing. People say, “The only thing constant in life is change.”
- Everybody is changing. Every second. Every day. One day we’re small, helpless little babies. Then we grow up … we become older, taller, wiser, fatter etc.
- People around us may change. Yesterday we were best friends. Today we’re enemies. Tomorrow we’re friends again. They may fail us and disappoint us and let us down.
- But one person doesn’t change. He never changes. He remains the same always. His name is Jesus. We can count on Him everyday – yesterday, today, forever.
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Remember His goodness and blessings; give thanks and testimonies; when we hit a roadblock, we can look back to remember how He has brought us through before
- Don’t be like the Israelites in the desert who kept forgetting what God has done. (Exodus 14:11-12; Exodus 16:3)
- The God of yesterday is the same God today
- Ps. 102:25-27
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them
and they will be discarded.
27 But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.
- Today & Forever:
- The same God that carried you through before will carry you through today and every tomorrow
- Whenever you face challenges, look back to Jesus’ Finished work on the cross
- STORM: Jesus is our Anchor in the midst of the storm (Heb 6:19-20)
- ATTACKS: Jesus is our Rock, our fortress, our refuge and protection (Psalm 18:2)
- EARTHQUAKES: Jesus is our Sure Foundation (1 Cor 3:11)